Monday, October 17, 2005

Patterns- shapes-
and something in the air that's telling me my Fall has come....
Always in the fall, there seems to be some change for me. But it's been a consistent pattern over the past few years.

Last fall- gained newfound independance, traveled, moved, moved, moved- in more ways than one- ended relationship.

Fall before last- gained newfound independance, traveled, moved, moved, moved- in more ways than one- ended relationship ( this time a friendship I'd had since childhood).

This fall- gaining newfound independance, traveling, moving, moving, moving, ended relationship. Or rather, had them nip it this time before it ever really took root. An easy out, I suppose...cuts through the bullshit if you end something before it begins.

Is this some sick pattern I am doomed to repeat? Is this the essence of me, or merely coincidence? And if it's purely a path I have seen patterns in that aren't really there- why does it make me stop and think.....?
this time feels different- but the times before that, I have learned from, yet I thought that each step was of the "different from the others" variety, then, too.....
But this move I appreciate in so many ways. My family, my friends, I see them in so much of a better light now. I appreciate them all the more, and I feel this is the right step for me. And, as far as relationships go-
well, hell.....I suppose things happen for reasons, and if it ends, it may be because they are not as ready, or they're not on the same wavelength I am, or they're just too selfish, too immature, too independant, too into spontaneity to the point of insanity- or any other various reason...or it could be I am just not there yet. And maybe I just haven't met my match....or a hundred other reasons......a hundred different possibilities...
And I know, though, with the way I am now- that I could end up 100 years old and be okay with never having anyone always there to hold me through the night. I have gotten comfortable and used to holding myself....ha.

and when that fails to do the trick-
i always have that one lovely and heartwarming comfort-
watching new episodes of the OC......on this fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home