Monday, October 17, 2005

I admit- I stole the pigeon fetus.
I decided to write a "Bloggers' Blog" today, in which all I do is copy and paste news stories and make 2-3 line comments about them......so- eat your Krispy Kreme's, drink your Starbucks, listen to your MP3's, glaze over a bit with your eyes, and enjoy!!!!;)
***********************************
So, while reading my trusty newspaper today, I happened upon a story or two which made me feel the need to comment on them with much condescension and little to no fanfare.
First, something which gave me chills.
Peggy Joe Conner, of Pennsylvania, is accused of hitting next-door neighbor Valerie Oskin, 30, over the head with a baseball bat, then taking her to a wooded area and slicing open her abdomen with a razor knife in an attempt to take Oskin's fetus. Oskin was eight months pregnant. She also took Oskin's 7 year old son beforehand and dropped him at a relative's house. Investigators say a 17-year-old boy driving his ATV spotted the two women and called police. (AP)

What kind of sick woman would do this? She apparently told her boyfriend that she, herself, was pregnant. Trying to steal a woman's unborn child......Oh.....I'm feeling ill. She apparently sliced on the woman's caesarean scar from her prior pregnancy. If the 17 year old boy had not been driving out in the woods at that moment, the baby and Valerie Oskin would probably be dead right now. Thank goodness for divine intervention, even if it does ride an ATV.

And something strange, unusual, and just plain "what the fuck" worth-
TORRANCE, Calif.(AP) - An attorney who was found operating on a pigeon that he had sedated with vodka was later arrested after animal control officers raided his house and discovered about 300 living and dead birds in filthy conditions.
"There's droppings everywhere," Patrick Wren, the head of Torrance's animal control department, said Wednesday. "I'm wearing a mask. That says it all."
About 120 dead pigeons filled bags and boxes alongside Gerard Redmond Enright Jr.'s home, Wren said. Others found in pet carriers stacked floor to ceiling throughout the house were euthanized because they were sick or malnourished, he said.
County health officials declared the home unfit for humans.
Enright, 61, was arrested for investigation of animal abuse. He bailed out of jail Wednesday afternoon.
Enright denied mistreating pigeons and said he had devoted his life to saving them.
"I'm literally in shock," said Enright, who has a long, white beard and often walks with his pigeon, Twister, to a local Starbucks. "They cannot be killing any of my birds. That's like if someone was killing your kids. All my family has feathers."
Police said animal control officers went to Enright's run-down home in a tony Los Angeles suburb after getting complaints from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
Wren said he visited Enright on Monday and found him operating on a pigeon, which only licensed veterinarians are allowed to do.
Enright acknowledged operating to remove a large tumor from the bird, saying he watched his own veterinarian perform such a procedure. The attorney said he gave the bird a shot of vodka, administered Anbesol as an anesthetic and used an Exacto knife to cut into it.
His friend, Pamela Kahrer, said she brought the injured pigeon to Enright because he cares so much for the birds.
"They are his life," she said. "I don't understand all this."
****
Yeah- next time I see an injured woodpecker- I'll just give him a shot of Heaven Hill, pour some for my homies, throw down some triple antibiotic, and cut that shit out with my Lady Bic.........I've seen a guy do it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home